Costumes news, cosplay happenings, exclusive updates on custom costume designs and costume industry events. Click here for blog archives.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
So you’re a costume comic book lover who is thinking about attending your very first comic book convention. There is so much to see and do at a costume convention that you’ll want to be sure that you pre-schedule time to fit in all the highlights! Here is a must-do list to remember before the big event.
1. Stop in to chat with an actual comic book creator! Writers, artists, inkers, and colorists are often at the convention to chat with fans and sign autographs. For some lucky fans they might even sketch up a favorite character.
2. Dress up to show your love for a favorite comic book character. Often attendees dress in costume on the main convention floor or at special events. Dressing up is a lot of fun and many conventions even hold a costume contest with prizes for the winners!
3. Attend a comic book panel. It’s time to get serious about comics, characters ,and the latest comic news. At a convention you can sit down and get the juiciest, latest, news about up and coming issues, characters, and titles straight from comic industry pros before the general public does.
4. Pick up some free comic swag. Comic book conventions often have a section full of freebies. Be prepared to get to the table before you do anything else. This way you’ll get first dibs!
5. Attend an after party! After parties are one of the major reasons people attend comic book conventions. Here you’ll be able to make new friends, dress up in costume  again, and just let loose with fellow comic book lovers!
Labels: Anime and Cosplay